15 years ago TemplateMonster started creating high quality digital products. Thousands of businesses won millions of sales with the help of usable and attractive websites based on our templates.
For now, there are more than 25.000 items on our marketplace, and this number is constantly growing.
In order to improve the product search process and make it easy and smooth, we are planning to implement the universal naming conventions for all templates.
The new naming rule will be applied in accordance with the following chain:
Product name - Main Category | Concept/Functionality | Style | Framework | Type
Name - The title of a product and the first word about your item that the customer will see.
Avoid frequently used words. Prior to choosing the name of a product, you can use search and check how many items with this name are already selling. The unique title will highlight your item among thousands of other products with a common name.
We recommend you to follow this ‘do not’ list when you choose the name for your product:
- DO NOT use the general notions like Cryptocurrency, Charity, Bank, Real Estate etc.
- DO NOT use adjectives.
- DO NOT write the topic instead of a name.
- DO NOT use all lowercase or caps.
- DO NOT add your nickname to the title.
- DO NOT use brand names of other sellers or third parties.
- DO NOT include promotional text like "top quality", “best price”.
- DO NOT add information such as price, sale price, discounts.
- DO NOT use words from foreign languages, unless they’re well understood.
- DO NOT use foreign characters for gimmicky purposes. This technique is common in spam. For example: (ಠ_ಠ)
- DO NOT use capital letters for emphasis.
Main category - This part of the name should correspond to the main category of the product.
Choose 1-2 of the most relevant topics and the work is done :)
For example: law, portfolio, or fashion, photography, or travel etc.
Concept/Functionality - Reflects the key concept or functionality of a template.
For example: simple, multi-concept, multipurpose, one page, e-commerce, ready-to-use, booking, blog, magazine.
Style - With this name element you can highlight the design features or used trends.
For example: clean, minimal, creative, classic, modern, minimal, retro, vintage, abstract, grunge, black & white, infographic, animated.
Framework - In case you do not use any framework, you can skip this step.
For example: Elementor, Bootstrap, Novi, MDB, React.
Type - There is no need to add product type to the name because this information is added automatically.
Just a few examples of a good product title:
- Starbis - Law Ready-to-Use Clean Bootstrap HTML Website Template
- Starbis - Portfolio Simple Modern Bootstrap HTML Website Template
- Starbis - Sport Multipurpose Creative [no framework] HTML Website Template
- Starbis - Multipurpose [used instead of a few categories] Minimal [style features]
- Blog Elementor Wordpress Theme - this is an example of a case when there are 2 words related to concept\functionality.
With these recommendations, creating well-structured and informative product titles is easy.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.