How do I become a vendor?
Just register at templatemonster.com, log in to your account and click "Become a Vendor" tab.
How do you upload my products on your site?
At the 1st step name your item, select appropriate product category and upload zip file. Zip must contain product source files, documentation, demo data(if it's a CMS product), any other files you think the customer will need.
Where can I find theme requirements?
You can find all guidelines regarding the themes’ design and technical details here: Product Archive Structure Requirements.
What theme topics are the most preferable?
We welcome all types of products that you send us. We also email a list of preferred topics upon a request from your profile page. You can subscribe to our newsletter to keep updated on our news and the most popular products in the marketplace or see current list here.
What’s the difference between exclusive and non-exclusive products?
Exclusive themes are sold on our marketplace only. Non-exclusive products can be distributed on both our site and other resources.
May I sell exclusive and non-exclusive themes at the same time?
Yes, you can sell both.
What if I violate exclusivity rules?
The authors receive higher commissions for products that agreed to be sold exclusively on TemplateMonster. The commission rates for exclusive products are growing accordingly to sales volume, as the marketplace is loyal to exclusive authors.
Once the issue of exclusivity policy violation arises, the TemplateMonster, as a marketplace, takes the following actions:
- The product that is agreed to be sold exclusively on TemplateMonster and found on sale elsewhere is removed from sale from the moment exclusivity policy violation is detected. The payments are temporarily frozen.
- Selling the product via third-party links, non-authorized live chats or any other sources except templatemonster.com or TemplateMonster partners’ is considered as a non-exclusive sale.
- The vendor is requested to remove the product from third-party markets and other sale directories within 5 days from the moment he has been notified about the issue, so the product remains exclusive on the TemplateMonster marketplace.
- Once the vendor removes the product from sale on third-party resources, the product is restored on the marketplace and the escalation is completed.
- If the author is not removing the product that violates exclusivity policy from other sales directories or the discussed term (5 days) is expired with no resolution, the product’s status is changed to “non-exclusive”, and vendor’s profit for selling the template is recalculated respectively to non-exclusive commission rates.
What if copyright is infringed?
Once the issue of copyright violation arises, the TemplateMonster, as a marketplace, takes the following actions:
- The product that is accused of intellectual property rights violation is discontinued the same moment the marketplace team detects the issue.
- The vendor can claim his intellectual property rights within 5 days from the moment he has been notified about the issue.
- The payments are temporarily frozen due to the risk of escalations.
- The template is out of stock until the vendor provides the copyright ownership evidence, confirming that the vendor is authorized to resell the template or its elements.
- Once the marketplace receives evidence to conclude that the vendor is authorized to sell the template, the product is restored on the marketplace and the escalation is completed.
- If the author is not able to provide evidence or the discussed term (5 days) is expired with no resolution, the product is permanently removed from sale. Orders with this item are refunded and the vendor’s commission for selling the product that infringes copyright is deducted from his balance without prior notice.
- In the event of any further copyright violations registered, the vendor's account is permanently deactivated.
What commission will I get? Will it depend on sales volume?
Vendor's commission rate shall start at 30% - 70% when Vendor sells an item exclusively on the Company Marketplace of his/her sales revenue and 20% - 50% for non-exclusive items.
(a) Exclusive items
(b) Non-Exclusive Items
When Vendor elects to sell a its products or services on the Company Marketplace on a non-exclusive basis, the sale's commission shall be at a flat rate of Vendor's sales revenue and depends on the product type.
The commission that vendors of exclusive themes will receive depends on the sales volume:
WordPress Themes & Website Templates:
$0+ — 30%
$5 000+ — 33%
$10 000+ — 35%
$20 000+ — 37%
$45 000+ — 40%
$75 000 + — 45%
$10 0000+ —50%
Joomla Templates & WooCommerce Themes:
$0+ — 30%
$2 000+ — 33%
$4 000+ — 35%
$8 000+ — 37%
$16 000+ — 38%
$32 000+ — 40%
$64 000+ — 42%
$75 000+ — 45%
$100 000+ — 50%
Magento Themes, PrestaShop Themes & OpenCart Templates:
$0+ — 40%
$3 000+ — 43%
$6 000+ — 45%
$9 000+ — 47%
$18 000+ — 48%
$36 000+ — 50%
$72 000+ — 52%
$85 000+ — 55%
$100 000+ — 60%
All Other Product Types:
$0+ — 50%
$1 000+ — 53%
$2 000+ — 55%
$4 000+ — 57%
$8 000+ — 58%
$16 000+ — 60%
$32 000+ — 62%
$64 000+ — 64%
$75 000+ — 65%
$100 000+ — 70%
How is a theme price made? Can I influence the pricing of my themes?
The cost of your template is created after the product has passed all verification stages. It depends on the quality of the theme and the provided services. A vendor can adjust the offered price by up to 15%.
Can I change a theme price after it’s uploaded on your site?
Yes, you can submit a request upon changing the theme’s cost via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Later on, this option will be available in the vendor’s profile.
Will our clients be provided with your pre-sales support?
Yes, your clients can get the relevant support from the Sales department via chat.
Will the Sales department recommend my themes alongside other products?
Yes, the Sales department will recommend your themes together with other items from the marketplace.
Can I provide any kind of additional services with a theme?
No, you cannot provide any additional services.
What licenses will a client receive upon purchasing a theme?
A client will be provided with a choice of 4 types of licenses:
SINGLE-SITE LICENSE. It allows a client to use one theme on one website. If a client wants to use one theme on several sites, he will need to purchase the same theme once again.
DEVELOPER LICENSE. It allows a client to install one theme on up to 5 different websites or up to 5 different projects.
BUYOUT LICENSE. This license guarantees that a template will no longer be available for purchase in TemplateMonster’s catalogue or to other users. A client cannot redistribute/resell the theme after purchasing a Buyout License.
GPL LICENSE. After purchasing a template, a client is allowed to copy, modify and redistribute (including commercial purposes) the product. A client should also guarantee that the owners of all subsidiary products will be granted the aforementioned rights.
All graphic design templates in the TemplateMonster digital marketplace are sold under 2 license types:
STANDARD. Item can be used to create an unlimited number of (final) digital or physical products, as well as for advertising purposes within social media accounts of one company. Reselling and commercial replication of the item and final products created with it are prohibited.
For example, the customer can use this product for online advertising, corporate identity materials, posters and clothing for his own needs.
COMMERCIAL LICENSE. Item can be used to create an unlimited number of digital or physical products that can be resold and replicated, as well as for advertising purposes.
The customers are not authorized to include graphics files into stock files they are selling or for creating on-demand products.
What’s the procedure to get a refund for an acquired theme?
When a client requests a refund, his request goes to the Ticket System, where it should be resolved by a vendor in the shortest period of time. If a vendor cannot offer a solution or reach an agreement with a client, the request can be escalated and Customer Care department representatives will make a final decision regarding such request. If a client gets a refund, then the received commission is deducted from a vendor’s account balance.
Can I promote products that are not listed on your site?
It’s strictly forbidden to promote competitors’ products, so you cannot offer your clients those products that are not provided on the marketplace.